April 4, 2011

4. Those I miss

Today is my AuntV's birthday. She is the strongest person I have ever met, emotionally. She was always doing things for me, small things. Like getting me a birthday present when she really couldn't afford it, or making sure to have mushrooms on a veggie platter because she knows they are my favorite. She is so much fun, so accepting, and so giving.
She died last fall.
I miss her so much, though I'm sure not as much as her kids. I know her younger ones were handeling it well last time I talked to them, and moving on well enough. But her two older girls, who are two of my favorite people (and nothing could ever change that!), I know haven't really faced it yet and are still trying to cope.
I've been planning for months to visit her graveside today but because of spme things that came up last night I don't know if that will happen.
The other day I heard this song on my way home from work & it describes a lot of what I'm feeling today.
If Heaven wasn't So Far away
I miss you AuntV, we all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment