Rice Krispie Cake
I've been meaning to post this since July. This cake was SO easy and fun for everyone! It was gone before people who came late to the party could even get some. (Next time, maybe a bigger cake?)
It was my husband's birthday, and he isn't a big cake person. BUT he LOVES cereal, if there is a favorite food of his, cereal is it in an overall sense. So, when I saw a similar cake in a picture for Cheerios :) This just seemed right. And he loved it (in matter of fact he's put more effort into this post then I have).
It really is layers of cereal, and it was delicious.
So for the recipe:
Rice Krispies birthday cake
-1 stick of Butter/margarine -12 oz small marshmallows
~8 cups of plain Rice Krispies ~4 cups of cocoa Rice Krispies
-2 circular pans
1. Melt ¾ stick margarine in large sauce pan over low heat. Add 8 cups of marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. In separate margarine coated bowl Add plain cereal and marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, dived and press mixture evenly and firmly into 2 buttered 8 inch circular pans.
4. While plain cereal is cooling repeat steps 1 and 2 for the Cocoa Rice Krispies
5. Place one layer of plain Rice Krispies on plate/ platter
6. Place 1/4 Cocoa Rice Krispie mixture as a thin even layer on top of the first plain Rice Krispie layer (middle filling)
7. Place second layer of plain Rice Krispies on top of everything
8. Use remaining Cocoa Rice Krispies as an even coating over entire cake
9. Decorate with sprinkles or decorations as desired
Rnjoy! We sure did!